school 13


Let us introduce Somerville Intermediate to you via our digital prospectus.


Online Enrolments




In Zone enrolment applications can be submitted online, using the ENROL NOW button below.


If you are unsure whether you are residing in our school's "home" zone, please check our zone map or in zone street list.


When completing the online enrolment application form, please ensure you have the following supporting documentation ready to be uploaded with the form.

  • New Zealand Citizens - NZ birth certificate or NZ passport or Citizenship certificate
  • Non New Zealand Citizens - passport and residency visa or parent's work visa AND child's student visa
  • Your child's immunisation certificate
  • A copy of your child's most recent report

In Zone enrolment applications also require:

TWO proof of residence documents that clearly show the caregiver's name and address. ONLY the following are accepted:

  • A CURRENT Sale and Purchase Agreement or a CURRENT Tenancy Agreement (showing a 12 month fixed term in a council approved rateable dwelling)
  • A CURRENT Electricity or Gas account in the name of the parent/caregiver
  • A CURRENT Bank Statement in the name of the parent/caregiver
  • A CURRENT Internet/Broadband account in the name of the parent/caregiver 

enrol now


Ministry of Education Guidelines

Declaration of Usual Place of Residence


Please be aware of Ministry of Education Guidelines regarding in zone enrolments.


The address given at the time of application for enrolment must be the student's usual place of residence when the school is open for instruction. This means that if you currently live at an in zone address but move to an out of zone address before your child's first day of attendance at the school, your child will not be entitled to enrol at the school.


The Ministry of Education has advised that parents should also be warned of the possible consequences of deliberately attempting to gain unfair priority in enrolment by knowingly giving a false address or making an in zone living arrangement which they intend to be only temporary eg:

  • Renting accommodation in zone on a short term basis
  • Arranging temporary board in zone with a relative or family friend;
  • Using the in zone address of a relative or friend as an "address of convenience", with no intention to live there on an ongoing basis.

Before enrolment takes place (ie before attendance begins), if the Board of Trustees has reasonable grounds for believing that the given in zone address will not be a genuine, ongoing living arrangement, the Board of Trustees may withdraw any offer of a place which it may have made on the basis of the given address.


After attendance has begun, if the school learns that a student is no longer living at the in zone address given at the time of application for enrolment and has reasonable grounds to believe that a temporary in zone residence has been used for the purpose of unfairly gaining priority in enrolment at the school, then the Board of Trustees may review the enrolment. Unless the parents can give a satisfactory explanation within 10 days, the Board of Trustees may annul the enrolment. This course of action is provided for under Schedule 20, cl 13 of the Education and Training Act 2020.



MoE ENROL Privacy Statement 


To find out how enrolment information is collected, stored and used by the Ministry of Education on the ENROL website, please click on the link below:

ENROL privacy statement – Ministry of Education
For information on enrolling students:
Enrolling students – Ministry of Education
For further information for parents and whānau on enrolling their child/children at school:
For parents and whānau – Ministry of Education